Bleach: Eve of Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

Exp : 571
Weapon Skill : Expert
HSM : Master
Reiatsu : Master
Hakudo : Master

My team Empty
PostSubject: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:12 pm

OKAY!

So it's official. I'm getting help!!! I really only think 2 people are needed (one primarily for characters, and one primarily for weapons, while I'll oversee all creations).

I have Xanmato on my team already who will be splitting my character creation work load. So I just need one more person for weapon creation. The following is what I'm looking for:

A critical eye
Someone who wonders about mechanics more than what a power is (i.e. isn't concerned with surface details)
You must not be afraid to turn and ask me for help if you are unsure about something. (Please, please, please, don't approve things you aren't 100% sure about, get me involved)
Must be able to handle problems as they come up in a manner befitting a staff member.
While a 100% understanding of the site (plot history, site mechanics, etc etc) is not required (when I was made a mod, I didn't understand or know all the details, so I won't require that of anyone), I do expect you to know the basics (how exp gaining works, rules, yadda yadda).
Must be an ACTIVE member.

The aforementioned list are things that are required. Meaning if even one of them is lacking, then unfortunately I can't have you on my team.

Please leave a post here with any information relating to your skill set as a staff member. I'll leave this here for about three days before I make my pick for the second person.
Back to top Go down

Anonymous

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

I would like to apply for this. Though I have no history as a staff member, except for the site I made, I am always looking at how things work, especially abilities, and am an Active member. I know the basics, and of course, i'm willing to ask for help. In other words, you help me help them help themselves. I would simply like to have an opportunity, especially since, unlike alot of members, I don't have much to do, so I can be on regularly.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Zeil

Character Moderator
Character Moderator
Gabriel Zeil

Exp : 982
HSM : Expert
Hakudo : Expert

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

I would like to apply to be a part of your team, I have experience with being a moderator on many sites and in many groups, as well as being a co'owner for a handful of sites. I am always active aside from the hours I sleep, and I am well versed in the way this site works. As far as the requirements go, I can confidently say I meet all the criteria for the position.
Back to top Go down
Ayane Mai Hoshi

Ayane Mai Hoshi

Exp : 580
Weapon Skill : Master
HSM : Untrained

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Hmm, why not give it a shot.
I will like to apply for the staff position, in regards to experience in any staff work. I worked on a site called Snitchseeker, I was a mod for two different languages. One of the languages I had to petition to have which was rather tricky. Though the site has a major underlining RP section which is what most people came for I made a off topic language section rather popular. In regards to being active I am pretty sure that you know I am rather active. ... Okay I don't know what else to say if you need a link to the site im referring to as well as my account link please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Small correction. Xanmato is doing Weapons. So I need a mod for character creation.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Zeil

Character Moderator
Character Moderator
Gabriel Zeil

Exp : 982
HSM : Expert
Hakudo : Expert

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

My application was for which ever position was available. The change doesn't mess with anything regarding my application.
Back to top Go down

Anonymous

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 am

Same with me
Back to top Go down
Fera

Fera

Exp : 438
Weapon Skill : Untrained

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Can we make recommendations in this thread?

EDIT: I mean those who do not wish to apply. Can they perhaps recommend other people and perhaps have you take a look at their reasons? Just wondering. Because I think that any active member of the community should have the right to speak themselves out officially, but sometimes it is not wanted because it floods threads like this one and does raise conflict. Before I go on to voice my opinion, I do want to know if it would even be wanted.

Last edited by Fera on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Feel free to, Fera.
Back to top Go down
Fera

Fera

Exp : 438

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Felt like since I've written the edit, even after you answered me, I should send it off.

Now anyway, since weapon creation is done already, I must say I personally find Character Creation to be a just as important part of checking applications, albeit it being not as popular and often regarded less meaningful and complex than checking weapons. I do not think so however, especially because the character base is growing, and with the genuine importance of history on this site, keeping an overview over the characters in each faction can prove to be quite a task. Even I, as a simple member who has way more time than staff to scroll through character apps finds it hard to keep track of everything. Can't speak for everybody, but it's my idea of things.

So I can already rule anyone, who has been here maximally a month, out. Those people simply haven't had as much time to actually read all the already existent (and quite expansive) topics, nor will they have overview over the races and their balance. The heap of Shinigami currently still being applied and already on the run is the largest chunk of character content and I simply can't imagine any new member already having such a great overview. And since the details and contents of histories are the most important towards the plot, the most long-term members applying are usually the ones you want. So, sorry to put it like this, but in my humble opinion I believe that newer members should have the courtesy to lay low and eventually apply for staff when the time is due, perhaps in a few months.

As I can not account for the reading skill of any of the members, just my own (mine is quite low actually, Zeil should know because I kept missing stuff in our training topics) I can only try and take a look at what skills members have displayed up until now. And reading skill is the most important thing for someone checking character creations. Basically, the people who create very long posts tend to have thoroughly read their counterparts posts and gave them some thought before even starting to write theirs. But since two of the three people who are able to write these long posts because of their (in my belief) good reading skills already have staff jobs, and the third one (Ekkehardt) is too inactive for me to consider him, I'm recommending Gabe. He writes good posts, has been a member for some time, is active to the point of it just being sad, and despite being a member for just over a month he's accomplished more than most of the lazy bums. Despite that, he could put a bit more quality into his posting >.> *looks at the Zeil/Akio training thread*.

There are other members I consider to be versed in the content of characters on the site as well as the progression of threads, but I deem some of them simply not to have the right amount of reading skill for the next 7k word app coming up. I surely don't have the right amount of reading skill. Some people can concentrate on reading, some people can't. That's how it is. I would like to be a faster and better reader as well, but I'm not, so shucks :c Anyways, that would be all for now. If I have something to add, I will do it later on. Likely edit this post to not flood this topic.

Also, even if you consider yourself to have the right qualifications, and even if you do: Please bring the correct attitude to the job. Be humble, helpful, selfless and in the ideal case, Ghandi. I dislike seeing capable people with stupid attitudes on the job. If you are such a person, please look deep into yourself before applying and perhaps consider just not doing it despite being able to =w= And this may seem like an unnecessary reminder, but my experience tells me something else.

That's all for now

- Ganz, the man of tl;dr

EDIT: Grammar and spelling overhaul. It's readable now.

EDIT 2: Grammar and spelling overhaul no.2 Slept 2 hours last night. I apologize for any and all nonsensical things in the post =w=
Back to top Go down
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 1:57 am

Okay. So. These are the rules. I would prefer you three to PM me your judgement so that I can see them personally. If you really feel the need to, however, you can post it on this thread. Below is a weapon app. I left out everything unrelated to the powers, because really...I don't even look at it >.> I just kind of glance and see that it's there and go "Okay. Whatever." So yeah. This is a test to see exactly how you grade. There are specific things I am looking for. So pay attention. I do accept questions as this is a mock thing. I want to see how you guys would handle this situation. We are ignoring the fact that this is a gravity zan. So don't point that out.

I ONLY WANT TO HEAR FROM KINKO, ZEIL, AND AYANE!!!!!

Ready? Good.

Shikai

Ability: X generates a series of gravity wells upon release. These wells can be controlled by the user, and can direct the flow of gravity in their area.

Techs:

Name: Gravity Bomb
Description: This move causes a ring of gravity to be created and increase the gravity under and above it by double. HSM of those affected will use up 2 available HSM instead of the one.
Preparation Time: N/A
Duration: 3 posts
Cooldown: 1 post

Name: Gravity Sphere
Description: This ability causes a sphere of energy around the area that reduces the user's own gravity, allowing him to move faster. Upon hitting an enemy, however, the gravity is increased by double which causes more damage than it normally would. Enemy's and allies are not affected by this.
Preparation Time: 1
Duration: 2 posts
Cooldown: 3 posts

Bankai-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability:  When in bankai, X creates more gravity wells with an increased range. While the wells in Shikai were static, these ones can be moved around and are near impossible to destroy. In fact, the closer things get to the wells, the more attacks and enemies feel the affects of the gravity control.

Techs: (may only have up to 5 techs unless a tech pack has been purchased. please use template below)

Name: Gravity Stomp
Description: The user stomps on the ground, creating a large ripple of energy that distorts the gravity in the area. This causes a temporary weakness in the gravity in the area. This causes a moment of weightlessness.
Duration: 2 posts

Name: Gravity Bomb
Description: Similar to the one in Shikai, but this one creates two more rings. All three rings overlap each other in the middle. Enemies caught in this overlay will be immobile for the duration of the ability.
Duration: 3 posts

Name: Negative Zero
Description: His strongest ability. Negative Zero causes a distortion of gravity in the area. This doesn't mean that gravity is removed, it just begins to flow in all sorts of different directions which basically creates a field where affected things will float helplessly and be tossed.
Preparation Time: 1 post
Duration: 4 posts
Cooldown: 4 posts
Back to top Go down
Kururai

Kururai

Exp : 0
HSM : Untrained
Reiatsu : Untrained
Hakudo : Untrained

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:35 pm

So, is it too late to apply? If not, I'm going go ahead and put my own application out on the table. I think I've developed a good amount of experience as a staffer, albeit being in the RP "scene" for less than a year. Had it been only a few weeks before, I wouldn't even dream of applying given how swamped I've become; however, I've established a stable life and access to the computer, and as a result I've found a comfortable point in which I can manage being a staff member on this site, with exceptional room for quite the amount of time spent here. Now, on to my qualifications.

As for activity, although I don't boast much, I'm completely up-to-date and caught up, both with the site's threads and my own. In terms of actual experience, I've been a Global Moderator on a site, an admin and site owner as well as c-box mod and a few other lesser positions focused on this or that. I've been around and collected knowledge in how to conduct myself in several ways, and I'm confident that I can deal with problems of all sorts relatively effectively. Furthermore, if Ganz remembers, he might be able to tell you whether I was a good staff member or not, considering we were both GMs on the same site. As for character creation, I've generally got that down pretty well, moreso than Weapons. I myself have sent good quality applications into this site and have had one of them approved with the highest experience points possible, so I'm especially confident in my capability to judge and grade an application accurately.

If there's anything I forgot to address, just tell me and it'll be... well, addressed.
Back to top Go down
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Yep. Missed the sign up date. I'll keep you in mind for next time (if we ever need more staff) though.

When Ayane and Kinko respond to my PM, I will post my decision for the final spot. I apologize for the delay. Like I mentioned in the PM, I got held up on another site.
Back to top Go down
Vai'el

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Vai'el

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:33 pm

OKAY! So.

Every congratulate Zeil. He is my final pick. Why? Because it was my call, and I had to make one. It was a tough decision, but hey. Life is full of them. If we ever have to have more openings available, all applicants who didn't make it in this round will be considered again.

Thank you all for expressing interest! Hope to have you on the team soon!! (Because that means the site exploded in membership, yay!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My team   My team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My team

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: Eve of Eternity :: Social :: Discussions-